Thursday, March 28, 2013

Girls Day In the Country 2013

WOW, what a weekend!!! Last weekend I packed my bags on Thursday, and left home at 6am on Friday to meet up with my sisters car, laden with bags and my mum and our friend Di and headed for the little NSW town of Nundle. For a Girls Day in the Country, something that I had wanted to do the last 2 years and finally bit the bullet and booked it in. I had such a blast that I am definitely going back next year for sure.

Warning you NOW!!! large photo post.....

I loved cruising down the older off the free way road and seeing the countryside. Even if I didn't enjoy my sisters sing-alongs...BUT I did laugh!!!

Our First stop on Friday, besides petrol, on the free way, was a little cafe called the Worn-Out-Wares

We all loved it, it was just a me style cafe, with all items being served on vintage, mix and match china and old teapots...I just loved the miniature milk bottle, too cute!!




Of course the Ripple-A-Long got lots done on it, yes I've missed week 4's post, but as you can see 6 hours driving in one day, means lots of rippling time.

We were enjoying the countryside so much, that even the police car at the beginning of the 28 last kms in to Nundle on a dirt road didn't deter us, but we did joke a lot about what it was doing there....



It really was a picturesque drive...

Friday afternoon, I managed to catch up with Chooky and lots of blogging girls, and stitch-A-long girls, it was really nice to put faces and real names to those blog addies. Whilst we enjoy wine and cheese and chatter on the grass in the Fossikers Tourist Park, which is where we stayed in the most delightful little cabin.

Saturday it was up at a reasonable hour to be in the hall for our Girls Day in the Country with Kerry Swain and our special Guest Tutor Sue Daley. Kerry had done an amazing job of organising and setting up the hall, having done it many times before, I really appreciated all the little details that went into organising the class kits and making our day so special. It really was so relaxing and enjoyable.

Our little creative tins, contained a class pack from Sue Daley and one from Kerry Swain. I chose to work on the Hexagon butterfly from Sue, and I think my little butterfly is going to turn into that little bag. I loved my Riley Blake Design Charm Pack the tones were very me - and funny how the tin sample below is the same pack, but I opted for more of the blue/teal tones and have avoided the orange.



Kerry's sweet little journal cover, will be my next rainy day project - it is so sweet, I am just waiting for my "s" to arrive in the mail, as Kerry has had to mail out some of the letters, as we all got the initial of our name for our journal.... such a sweet little detail.  And yes I did manage to put all but 5 hexi's into my butterfly, but just didn't snap it before blogging. It is all complete now as I finished the last 5 at mum's on Monday.

Mum and Donna (aka Chooky hard at work). Our meals were brought to the table and each was just as good as the last, my favourite for the day was the Chicken Caesar salad...oh so fresh and just YUMMY!!!
Heidi and a new friend we made on the weekend, Suze (Suze your iPhone Fans are in the post). Do you remember my little Scissor Keep from the last post, well, it was part of our swap on the day, and I was lucky enough to receive this little number, from Trish of too many eggs in one basket blog, with a few red buttons.

Some of the quilts on display around the hall were amazing, but I was in total rapture of this quilt called Sylvias Bridal Sampler from the Jennifer Chiaverini Elm Creek Book series I have been reading. It was amazing to see a completed version of it.

Here we all are, the bloggers, and Stitch-A-Long girls, looking forward to next year already.

Saturday afternoon, Peg and Dale popped by for a little drink on their way back home too. Whilst Heidi sat and did a little more stitching in the afternoons fading light... the sky was amazing.


 Before heading on a little walk up the hill to the Nundle Pub for dinner, and little drink or two....

 
 Then it was a little walk back down the hill, to see the Trunk Show, and the quilts were amazing, these are only the few I did manage to snap.


 This one was one of my favourites, and once I have finished my Grandmas Garden Hexi quilt, I think I would like to do something like this!! I loved the stars. But I know it's a huge project.


 Then Sunday was here before we knew it, and after a wonderful breakfast and a last catch-up with the girls. (I didn't get a copy of the photo I was in, and have yet perused the blogs to see it of us GDITC Virgins). It was time to head home, and what a wonderful day, the sky was bluer than blue and the grass was greener than green, I really enjoyed snapping the country as we drove along






 Even the looming grey clouds looked refreshing, perhaps it was my very relaxed mood.



 The trains where amazing too, lost count at 74 I think was Mum's count on the carriages of one of the long hauls we saw.

We also drove past Mines, and power stations, it really was a wonderful insightful trip.
and of course another 6 hours of ripple-A-long was done....so be tuned I am getting closer to the end.


 Then it was a sleepover at Mum and Dads, before really getting home and what a beautiful home it is....I love coming home at the end of the day and seeing the sun set on the water of the spit bridge.


If you stuck through all that, thanks for enjoying my weekend with me.... I can highly recommend travelling up to Nundle and enjoying the Girls Day in the Country. I am booked in already for next year.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fab weekend!!! Love all the photos.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonia...what a fantastic post you have written about GDITC....Loved meeting you and having a chat at breakfast....hope to see you again next year xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pics..........see told you you would have a good time.........lovely to meet your family and Di and pleased to hear your booked in for 2014.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! Glad you had a good time at GDITC - hopefully I will make it another time so I can meet you. I have been for the last 5 years and this was the first one I have had to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic pics, you really managed to take some amazing photos and i love your ripple along
    i really want to make one but am procrastinating about what colours to use

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic pics, you really managed to take some amazing photos and i love your ripple along
    i really want to make one but am procrastinating about what colours to use

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend a weekend. I love the items you have shown and I am amazed at how much you achieved in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your photos show what a gorgeous weekend you had.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your beautiful heartfelt comments on my blog, I really appreciate the time and effort it takes. {heart hugs}